PFAFF 4509 Tire Cord
Car tires are highly complicated constructions and each single part or layer disappears when vulcanized with a rubber mixture. One of the most important component is the tire cord. This extremely durable fabric ensures that tires stay in form even under enormous pressure.
The requirement is equally high for the processing of textile materials as well as the manufacturing machines. During production, the manufacture prefer a sewing technique from PFAFF Industrial and KSL. Both brands acquired decades of know-how in the sewing process as well as the combining of various textile materials.
With the machines KL 624, KL 220 and PFAFF 4509, we developed three solutions, which are predestined in the field of tire cord.
- Powerful and reliable sewing machine head
- Quiet low-vibration operation even at top speed
- High tensile strength and durability through the zig-zag stitch
- A special parts kit guarantees the neat and reliable joining of both twined threads
- Thread trimmer and presser foot lift (electro-pneumatical)
- Fresh oil hook lubrication for the hook system
- The machine is independent of air, therefore highly mobile and deployable in production (compressor is integrated)
Tire cord industry
Needle system: 438
Needle size: 70-80
Max. sewing speeds 2.500 s.p.m.
Max. stitch length: 1 mm
Max. zigzag stitch width: 1 mm
Stitch type: 304 (Zigzag-Lockstitch)
Connection voltage: single-phase a.c. 230 V, 50/60 Hz